Who Are We?
At iSoftBet, our mission is to build quality gaming products that inspire, innovate and entertain – always placing the players, partners and people at the heart of everything we do.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium product s and iSoftBet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
- Extensive experience of MySQL versions 5.7 and 0 and have carried out upgrades of both major and minor versions.
- Experience of HA technologies including MySQL replication, Galera Cluster, ProxySQL and HAProxy
- In-depth understanding of the various storage engines used within MySQL
- Experience of designing database infrastructure to meet technical and business requirements.
- Experience of deploying and managing backup/restore strategies for large databases.
- Strong performance-tuning skills in databases handling high transaction rates with many terabytes of data.
- Experience of Linux/Unix, OS level commands and shell scripting.
- SQL Development experience including writing, troubleshooting and optimising stored procedures and triggers.
- Knowledge of tools for database monitoring, management and automation (e.g. Clustercontrol, Percona Monitoring and Management)
- Strong investigative skills and the ability to analyse and understand issues arising from legacy systems.
- Good communication skills and able to interface with architecture, Dev and TechOps teams.
- The ability to Comfortably manage/escalate risks and blockers
- Worked in an agile/Kanban environment and be comfortable saying ‘no’ when the pipeline is full
- Adherence to industry best practices
- Provide a resilient, stable and performant database platform.
- Provide dashboards to management to show capacity
- Provide ongoing performance improvements through optimisations enabling the system to easily handle spikes in transaction rate due to demand and/or promotions.
- Build systems on an ‘expect failure’ principle providing available/resilient systems
- Work in an agile way providing visibility to work and outcomes
- Ensure that backups are run, tested and verified across all critical databases.
- Develop alerting systems from the monitors including anomaly detection to ensure that both the DBA team and management are aware of emerging issues.
Who are you?
- Pragmatic in your approach, and maintain perspective.
- A good listener, and clear communicator.
- At home in an agile environment.
- A team player.
- Able to evolve yourself as the business grows.
- Worked in a web-based, high transaction business.
- Technical enough to articulate complex concepts
- You accept ownership of business problems, ensuring outcomes/delivery across teams.
- Able to articulate deliverables as ‘value streams’ and business outcomes.
- Live our principles of learning faster, emphasis with our customers, communicate clearly, take appropriate risks, and think longer term.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices, are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are working from home with the opportunity to work in the office if you wish too. We are holding regular virtual employee engagement initiatives to keep morale high and our culture alive!
iSoftBet are GDPR compliant. By applying for this position, you agree for iSoftBet to process your information for the purposes of this recruitment campaign. Your information shall be stored on our internal database for up to 12 months. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.